Teacher’s PETS Virtual Academy (TPVA) is an online homeshool school that provides a college-prep education, along with job training, etiquette courses in all subjects and for elementary, middle, and high school students. Choosing the right school makes all the difference. TPVA uses the Stride Learning Solutions (FuelEd) Curriculum, enhanced with The Royal Experience (social-emotional learning and character education), and Bible Curriculum. These courses are ideal for students who are looking for to supplement their existing homeschool or traditional school portfolio with a highly flexible, affordable, and individualized learning experience.
Students of TPVA can do school anytime, anywhere. The flexibility is definitely an advantage. Students can often finish a day’s worth of coursework with time to spare, which allows them to pursue other interests. High school students can even explore occupations and try out jobs during hours that most high school students aren’t available.
An exceptional individualized curriculum that covers core subject areas and beyond. Flexible to learn anytime, anywhere on your schedule.
Would your student benefit from a virtual school?
At Teacher’s PETS Virtual Academy we know the power of personalized learning. And we understand that families have different requirements when deciding what works for them in their education choices. That’s why we offer a range of high-quality education options to help meet the needs of diverse learners.
At Teacher’s PETS Virtual Academy, we believe “Learning Today, Leading Tomorrow” is more than a tagline—it’s an underlying philosophy. We are in a unique position to promote diversity and inclusion in the classroom and beyond for students, teachers, and all those involved in preparing our young people for successful futures. In addition to our existing programs, we are committing to the following new diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Teacher’s PETS Virtual Academy school admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate based on race, color, national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Our mission is to inspire lifelong learning, advance knowledge, and strengthen our communities where we believe that every child gets a new chance every day.
Our goal is to raise emotionally balanced, socially compassionate, and caring individuals with a solid value system with the Stride Learning Solutions (FuelEd) Curriculum and The Royal Experience Curriculum. Recent studies have shown that emotional intelligence (EI) is as central to a child’s success and fulfillment as good grades and a college degree. Etiquette seeks to enhance the EI of children by encouraging them to express and discuss their emotions, thereby improving their social sensitivity and public behavior.
- To make intelligence and character the goal of education.
- To build our students’ resumes as well as their characters.
- To create an academically rigorous, relevant, and safe learning environment for all students.
- To create a student-centered online school in which all stakeholders, parents, teachers, and community members are responsible and accountable for our students’ success.
- To leverage the resources of our community to create a
college-goingenvironment so our students can get to and through college.
- To create a holistic and collaborative model of instruction and management to develop all of our student’s talents to their fullest.
- To challenge our students and create mechanisms to support them in meeting that challenge.
- To foster the development of
civic-mindedindividuals who choose to participate and who see the greater good as their good.
- To have our students gain compassion, feel empathy, understand rather than simply judge, and the ability to apply their knowledge in diverse settings.
Full-time tuition includes:
- Enrollment in 6 full-year courses (
- Textbooks, workbooks, lab materials (as applicable)
- Orientation: 1:1 conference, Online Learning course, Q&A sessions
- Individualized Academic Plan
- Extensive, proactive teacher instruction and support
- Small online classes conducive to meaningful discussion and engagement
- Personalized college planning and preparation
- Dedicated college counselor
- Academic counseling
- Clubs and activities
- AP Courses/Dual Enrollment
- Advanced Learner Programs
How does Teacher’s PETS Virtual Academy work?
As a parent, you play an active role by partnering with teachers and your child—while Teacher’s PETS Virtual Academy provides resources, advice, and access to the support of an online parent community.
In high school, content is mostly online with some opportunities for in-person learning,* and students work more independently.
You or another responsible adult act as your child’s Learning Coach. Learning Coaches work with teachers—helping to monitor student attendance and provide oversight. On average, you’ll spend 1–3 hours a day providing guidance.†
State-certified teachers help create student learning plans, monitor progress and attendance, teach live online classes, and hold online help sessions and office hours.
Just like other kids, students at Teacher’s PETS Virtual Academy can socialize with each other through extracurricular clubs and activities—both online and in-person.§ In addition to your school’s offerings, K12 has 50+ national online clubs, giving your teen the chance to engage with peers from across the country.
*In-person learning opportunities vary by school. Please check with your school.
** Courses vary by school. Please check with your school.
†This time varies based on the independence of your student.
§Extracurricular activities and clubs vary by school. Please check with your school.
‡Career fields vary by school. Please check with your school.